Friday 25 September 2015

"EID UL AZHA DAY# 1 - OTD "




Hello Hello my Lovelies !!!!

How are you all doing ? I missed writing and you all very much, without further delay lets  begin shall we !



'EID UL AZHA' , indeed very busy and too much work load but I guess we girls always find time for ourselves some way or another don't we ? (hehehhe) . This Eid has its own charm despite being very tiring and hectic. I love the occasion no doubt. There's surely too much excitement around this festival. Animals are no doubt the main star of the event. All age groups are found some way or the other enjoying the pre and post Eid days.  Well what can I say our festivals bring happiness always !!

I love reading other fellow blogger's post on OTD (especially Eid OTD write ups); so I thought I should share mine today. I uploaded my picture and asked you all if you would like to see a full post on the products I used and every detail about the OTD and I got really a positive response from you all.

So here is an in-depth detail of the products I used to get the look and all other accessories which I paired up today with my outfit:

Face:
1. Maybelline Baby Skin- Instant pore eraser.
2. Rimmel Stay Matte Powder- Translucent.
3. MUA Blusher in Bon Bon.
4. The Balm Mary Lou Manizer.

Eyes:
1. Elf eyelid primer- Sheer
2. One matte shade from Makeup Revolution Iconic Pro 1 Palette- Shade was MUST. I used this shade as my transition shade.
3.  Colour Pop single eyeshadows- Get Lucky & Mirage.
4. MUA Glamour Days Palette.
5. Maybelline Rocket Volum' Express ( Reviewed Here ).
6. Rimmel Scandal Eyes waterproof kohl- Black.








Lips:
1. Maybelline Baby Lips- Cherry Me.
2. Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick- 660 Touch of Spice.


I didn't have as such spots to conceal and it was too hot so I decided to skip any tinted moisturizer/BB cream/Foundation for this look. I started with priming my face with Maybelline's baby skin as I wanted a barrier between my skin and all the other products I wanted to use further. After applying the primer I powdered my face with Rimmel's stay matte powder. I did that mainly to avoid getting shinny throughout out the day (especially at my t-zone). I used the MUA blusher very lightly on my cheeks to just add a hint of colour to my face. I didn't want to go overboard with makeup at daytime so I preferred keeping it natural as much as possible. I highlighted top of my cheek bones, bridge of my nose, cupid's bow and brow bone with Mary Lou. Honestly, I was a little heavy handed with my highlighter as I wanted to keep everything natural but glowing at the same time.  Mary Lou is perfect for highlighting and does not make you look like a 100 Watt bulb even if you go heavy handed with it (which is definitely a plus); this makes it appropriate for both day and night time use.

Now moving forward to the eyes, I started the eye makeup by applying the Elf eyelid primer all over my eyelid, then I used MUST (shade) as my transition colour. You don't need to have the same transition shade, you can replace this by using any shade which is closer to your skin tone or just a shade darker. Later I applied Mirage all over my lid and used the light blue shade from the MUA palette on the outer V of the eye. After I was happy with the blending and the look, I topped up the center of the lid with Get lucky to give it an extra shine and focus. I smudged Must on my lower lash line and applied kohl on my waterline. I used Mary Lou as my brow bone highlight. I finished the look by applying Mascara to both my top and bottom lashes.

For the lips I first applied Maybelline baby lips for smoother application of my lipstick as I was using matte lipstick. After that I applied Touch of Spice on my lips to finish off the entire look.










As for the other things I was wearing:




Accessories:
1. Earrings by Claire (available on its official website easily as its from the permanent collection).
2. Bangles- bought ages ago from a local jewelry shop in Karachi.


Shoes:
1. Stylo- Bought a year back.




Outfit:
1. Ready made collection by ZEEN(sub-brand for ladies by Cambridge)- 2 piece collection (not available in unstitch). I think you can still find it at Dolmen Mall Tariq Road Karachi.






So that's all for the first day. I hope this post was useful to you all in some way or another. I hope you like it. It was my first OTD so if you have any suggestions or anything I missed and you want to know please let me in the comments down below.


Till then take very good care of yourself and your loved ones and stay safe.



Love,
Dani <3






You can follow me here and on my Facebook page Here.




11 comments:

  1. Looking Cute! Eid Mabrook x

    Love XoxoX
    http://www.walkinvogue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much <3 I am glad you liked it !!

      Delete
  3. Aww you looked lovely! Belated Eid Mubarak to you! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eid Mubarak to you too dear <3 Thank you so much !!! Already following you here and on facebook =) You share lovely work, keep it up <3

      Delete
  4. http://thesyedasisters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be great if we follow each other's blog and support each other. Let me know when you do and i'll return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why not sure ! pls let me know your blog link. I would love to follow you =)

      Delete