Sunday 27 November 2016

MASCARA EMPTIES (Drugstore) | MINI REVIEW

Hello my Lovelies !!!


How are you all doing ? Can't believe this year is about to end and my page's 2nd year Anniversary is almost here ... Yay !!!
Yes i know i have been super MIA from all my social media accounts. Its only because i have been super busy from past 6-7 months.
Anyhow, i decided to share my thoughts on mascaras today. If you're interested so keep on reading...

Well mascara is something which almost anyone and everyone has in their makeup stash and it is put into use more than any other product in my opinion. As its super easy to put on and give a nice touch to the overall look. Its one of the product in which everyone's liking can vary too much.

Before i proceed to the actual review, i'll like to put this out there that its not necessary that if something didn't work for me so it won't work for you. As everyone has different lashes and their needs vary so what i may not like might be your gem. If you like any of these mascaras i mention down below, go ahead keep using them. I am here just sharing my views on mascaras that have worked for me and the ones which were a major fail for me along with some tips and tricks on how to make your lashes appear longer and fuller.


For me personally, any mascara which gives volume and length i'll be loving it. Though i have pretty decent lashes as in not too short or not too long but i still prefer that extra lift and lots of volume. The only two things which will make me reject a mascara in no time, despite it gives volume and length both, is if it flakes or clumps. I have no issues in layering up mascaras or using two different ones for different purposes but it just shouldn't clump or flake.
I usually go for normal ones instead of waterproof, as i think its easier to get it off plus it will minimise the fall out of your lashes if they're super sensitive and break easily. I also have no preference in mascara's wands, be it rubberised bristles or normal bristles, i am all good till it gives my lashes length and volume.



So i have four mascaras which i have used up completely and here's what i think about them:





1. Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara: Everyone raves about it and love it so much but i hate it sadly. It was a major fail for me. It is a thick bristled wand. This mascara not only clumps my lashes but it flakes on me within an hour or two. I have tried to work with this several times but it didn't work for me at all. It would've been a great option for me only if it had worked for me as its so affordable and its drugstore. I won't be repurchasing this mascara at all.




2. Loreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara: I bought this mistakenly thinking its the ever famous Telescopic carbon black. This is a different one so don't be confused. It has a thin rubberised bristle wand. It gives length but its not WOW. If i pair it with other volumising mascaras so it gives decent results as in good for natural looking lashes with slight lift, but nothing OMG amazing. It wasn't a fail but it didn't impress me either. I'll prefer trying Telescopic carbon black before thinking to repurchase it. This mascara is a little expensive compared to other options available at the market (drugstore specifically).



3. Maybelline the Rocket Volum' Express: OMG this is one of the best mascaras i have tried in my life. This is my 2nd tube which i have finished up and my obsession with it is so real that i have a 3rd one lying as a backup *guilty pleasures*. It has a thick but rubberised bristle wand. I have done a full in-depth review on this already which you can read by clicking right HERE. It pairs well with any mascara and gives amazing results. One tip for using this is to wait for the first coat to dry before applying the second one, as the formula is so wet that it might clump your lashes. I have used it with Loreal Miss Manga Mascara and it gave the best effect ever !!! As its drugstore so its very affordable option to try. The best part is its available at all your local stores. I'll be definitely repurchasing it again and again.



4. Loreal Miss Manga Voluminous Mascara: OK this is a tricky one, when i first got it i didn't like it at all as it clumped my lashes due to quiet wet formula. Then after trying so many different ways i finally made it to work for me. This mascara works best for me when i use it with other mascaras, i.e. i'll do the first coat with a different mascara then go with it for the second coat. The effect is WOW then. It not only gives volume to my lashes but makes them appear super full and long. As for the wand its a thick bristled wand, it resembles a Christmas tree a lot in my opinion *LOL*. I'll definitely be repurchasing it just for that amazing volume it gives. This can be a little expensive then other options available at the market as usually Loreal's mascaras are a tad expensive then others. It is also available locally.



Tip & Trick: While applying mascara to your top lashes always look down in the mirror. This will not only separate them and coat them perfectly but also avoid clumps. As for lower lashes, hold your mirror a little up and then coat them. This will help you in not transferring it under your eyes.


So that's all my beauties. Stay blessed wherever you are. I shall be writing soon. If you have any specific request do leave that in the comments down below. If i missed out something and you want to know feel free to ask me either here or through my Facebook page right here Dani's Beauty & Fashion Blog.


Love,
Dani


2 comments: